Play Roly 3: Connecting pictures to Roly's letter sounds
LEARN VERBAL SEGMENTING
What you’ll need
A device to play Play Roly videos, your Roly-ball, and your book or pages from the Play Roly 2 activity.
How to play
- Sit on the floor facing each other about six feet apart
- The game continues as before, but this time, it’s your child’s turn to make Roly’s letter sounds!
- Let your child choose a Roly-word from one of their drawings in his/her book
- Pause the video when your child sings Roly’s three letter sounds, and now you guess what Roly is saying
- Let your child choose if he/she wants to play Play Roly 3 again. If not, move to Play Roly 4
- If your child wants to try again, repeat until your child has chosen all six words in his/her book
What to expect
If your child loves choosing Roly’s sounds, that’s terrific—he/she is building important skills for future reading and spelling. If not, that is absolutely fine, simply move on to Play Roly 4. You can always come back to this game at the end if your child wants to.
Play a Play Roly 3 video
"Choose Roly's Sounds"
Choose Roly's Sounds
- Choose Roly's Sounds
Play Roly 3 for as long as your child enjoys it. Your child can choose Roly’s sounds for one word or all six Roly-words in his/her book. When your child no longer wants to play Play Roly 3, move to Play Roly 4.
Sign up for our free app and each day’s video will be waiting for you.