Play Roly 4: Learn your ABCs with a fun alphabet song
What you’ll need
A device to play Play Roly videos, your book or pages from earlier Play Roly activities, a mini Roly-ball (approximately 1”), and a marker pen.
- Sit together at a table or desk
- Write all 26 lower and upper case letters in your child’s book or on a blank page and draw Roly’s face on your mini Roly-ball
- Play the Play Roly 4 video, sing the ABCs with Roly, and encourage your child to sing-along and follow the lower case letters with the mini Roly-ball first, then the upper case letters
- After the video, print your child’s first name, say the letters in their name, and show them where to find their name’s letters in their upper and lower case alphabet
- Next time move to Play Roly 5 videos and repeat the Play Roly 4 video right after after each day’s video from now on or at any other time your child wants to
What to expect
Kids may want to return to this video and sing and bounce the mini Roly-ball along to the alphabet song either on their own, with you, with their toys, or with other family members. Kids may also want to review which letters are in their first name and learn to print their name, starting with just the first letter. Note, if you say “zed” instead of ‘zee’ where you live, gently point out to your child that different countries say the last letter of the alphabet in their own way, and that in your country, you sing it with ‘zed’ or ‘zee’.
Make Roly and sing-along
Play the Play Roly 4 video once and then move on to Play Roly 5. Encourage your child to return anytime to Play Roly 4 for a fun way to learn the alphabet letter names. Also suggest playing Play Roly 4 from now on after you have completed that day’s video.
What if we complete Play Roly 4 and my child cannot say the alphabet or follow the letters with their mini Roly-ball?
Do not be concerned. Encourage your child and invite him/her to play this video with you again right after you play each of the Play Roly 5 and 6 videos. You can also encourage your child to play Play Roly 4 with their toys, or with other family members at any time.
Move to Play Roly 5 after you have completed Play Roly 4 once. Encourage your child to return again anytime for a fun way to learn the alphabet letter names.
Sign up for our free app and each day’s video will be waiting for you.